It is critical that legislation facilitate the translation of research to treatment and services. It is equally critical that legislation not be onerous, thereby restricting needed research. We believe that education of legislators, passage of reasonable legislation, and implementation of balanced regulation will speed the translation of research to treatments and the marketplace. The persuasive voices of consumer groups and advocacy organizations, in concert with other key stakeholders, can facilitate these critical elements.
- A bill to award a Congressional Gold Medal to Francis Collins [H.R. 4576, S. 2140]
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act [H.R. 493, S. 358]
- Genomics and Personalized Medicine Act [S. 976]
- Laboratory Test Improvement Act [S. 736]
- Newborn Screening Saves Lives Act [H.R. 1634, S. 634]
- Screening for Health of Infants and Newborns Act [H.R. 2889, S. 1712]
- Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act [H.R. 3, S. 5]