Genetic Alliance Teams
Access to quality information and genetic services is crucial to proactive engagement in health and informed decision-making. Consumer-driven healthcare and shared clinical decision-making are reshaping health systems. We must continue to facilitate individual empowerment through information. Join the Access Team to contribute your experiences to the network and learn how, together, we can revolutionize access to information and quality healthcare.
- Create white papers, position statements, or publications
- Convene working groups to address issues within the genetics community
- Plan and hold a summit
- Develop and provide input on consumer guidelines
To join the Access Team, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Access.”
There are many ways to teach and learn about genetics and health. Genetic Alliance uses traditional educational tools while embracing novel technologies to share genetics knowledge. Individual perspectives can often play a valuable role in genetics education. Join the Education Team to share your expertise with the network and learn new ways of delivering information.
- Attend the Advocates Partnership Program
- Customize and share the Community Centered Family Health History tool
- Explore and contribute to WikiGenetics and WikiAdvocacy
- Revamp your educational materials
- Share resources and best practices
- Search and populate the Resource Repository
To join the Education Team, send an email to email@example.com, with the subject line “Education.”
The Human Genome Project gave us the promise of developing new treatments, diagnostic tools, and technologies; however, the translational research path is filled with challenges. Researchers, clinical investigators, disease advocacy groups, industry, and government agencies must work together to overcome obstacles and develop a robust system for translating basic science discoveries into treatments and technologies that reach consumers and patients in need. Join the Research Team to contribute your knowledge and share your experience to help transform research.
- Participate in working groups to address issues throughout the research pipeline and develop novel solutions
- Provide input on policy to improve the translational research system
- Work with Disease Advocacy Organizations to help them prepare cohorts for clinical trials
- Develop a consumer guide to clinical trials
To join the Education Team, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Research.”