Patient Navigation: Care Coordination Meets Peer Support
Date: August 2, 2016, 12PM-1PM EDT
Our healthcare system isn’t built to respond to the holistic needs of individuals and families with complex conditions. Navigating the world of mass information, misinformation, and fragmented care, individuals and families face significant challenges. Patient navigation is an intervention that integrates case management and peer support to address local and systemic obstacles to care. Programs in patient navigation can help individuals and families to meet challenges such as the fragmentation of programs and services, barriers to communicating with providers, and difficulty transitioning from pediatric to adult care. This webinar will present on several models of patient navigation programs that have been implemented across healthcare settings in the United States.
This webinar will cover:
- Best practices in patient navigation
- Core components across different models
- Lessons learned from implementation
- A vision for the future
Register today to learn about patient navigation as a scalable intervention.
- Parent Partner Program-Brad Thompson
- Parent's Place of Maryland-Pattie Archuleta
- Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh-Jodie Vento
- DC Children's National Medical Center-Michelle Jiggetts
- Genetic Alliance-Sarah Roth